Ccleaner alternative?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3
I just bought a macbook and I'm trying to get all the programs I had on PC. Ccleaner was something I liked for PC, just wondering if there is a free program similar?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 MDD Dual 1.25 GHz, 1GB Ram, 80 Gig Hd, 200 Gig Hd; iMacDV 400Mhz 40GB 512Ram
System Optimizer X 4.7.4. I haven't tried it myself, but it's 12 bucks so you may want a free alternative...

Edit: nevermind system Optimizer sucks, i actually read the comments, and well, they werent good... avoid this one!!! I'll try MainMenu, thanks for the link cwa!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I just bought a macbook and I'm trying to get all the programs I had on PC....(Windows)
I'm going to stop you right there.
If you really want to make the transition to the Mac OS easier, then I would suggest halting any searches like this. When you leave your Windows-mentality behind, you'll find it is easier to learn OS X.

Just use the computer as it is first. Don't worry about finding "Mac versions" of the software you used to have. In truth, many of the software staples that you needed when using Windows are completely unnecessary and irrelevant with your Mac.

If you find that there is something that you absolutely need in order for your computer to function a certain way, then look for an application that might serve that need. Otherwise, don't think so much about it and just enjoy your new Macintosh.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
I'm going to stop you right there.
If you really want to make the transition to the Mac OS easier, then I would suggest halting any searches like this. When you leave your Windows-mentality behind, you'll find it is easier to learn OS X.

+1 for those sentiments.
I know it's hard but you really have to.

By the way I still have an old PC that I use occasionaly just to get my "Cleaning,virus protection, defragging, re-installing OS, registry cleaning fix !!" - a lifetime habit is very difficult to break........

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3
thanks!!!!

thanks to all who replied. I shall heed your advice and not worry about trying to make my mac what my old PC was.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.