Mini Cds

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
Can Ibooks take in mini disks from a Sony Mavica CD 400?

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I pushed the Sony Mavica disk in and it didnt suck the disk in but now I can barely see the disk and I cant reach it out how do I get it out? Or should I just push it in the rest of the way?

T

titan0111

oldnews said:
I pushed the Sony Mavica disk in and it didnt suck the disk in but now I can barely see the disk and I cant reach it out how do I get it out? Or should I just push it in the rest of the way?
I think mini CD-R/RWs only work with tray loading DVD/CD-RW drives not slot loading drives.

Just try your best to get it out.

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
okay well I got it out with a tiny pair of twizzers, so they only work with tray loading?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
I have a buddy that uses the mini CDs with his slot loading G4 cube all the time, but I think thats only because it loads from the top. Other than that I think you need a tray loader.

-Chris

X

xthisisRomancex

i used them on my CD player in my car and it is basily slot loading. but the ? is can you get it in far enough untill it can reconize your putting in a CD. ...and suck it in

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It would be better not to use them. I have read somewhere that it is not a good ideas to place mini CD in Apple drives.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
you don't need a tray loader you can use it in a power book you need to buy somethig for it first, it is like a full size cd and you put the mini dic in a hole that is in the middle of it. That way the computer thinks it is a full size disc that is only half way filled. This works well, you can buy it at most computer stores, for like 20$

P

Phiber

PowerBookG4 said:
you don't need a tray loader you can use it in a power book you need to buy somethig for it first, it is like a full size cd and you put the mini dic in a hole that is in the middle of it. That way the computer thinks it is a full size disc that is only half way filled. This works well, you can buy it at most computer stores, for like 20$

Interesting. Never seen one of those. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
That's what I would use as well as you might damage the drive pulling mini cd's out with tweezers...

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the cd was sticking enough out of the drive that I was able to just touch the top of the cd with the tip of the tweezer and sort of drag the cd out. I didnt stick the tweezers into the slot.

P

proudlywelsh83

It has been known when using Mini Cd's or the business card type CD's to shatter once in the drive. Its not recommended that you use these types of media in slot drives. It can be a messy process trying to get all of the bits of of a drive after this has happened, it may even cause damage beyond repair.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.