• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Hobbies

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Gymming, hanging out to the movies and cafes, playing soccer (been a while since I haven't though), and online gaming.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1 prev. gen MB with a 350hd. 1 20inch previous iMac. Both run SL jailbroken 1st gen ipod touc. &3g i
Obviously, we all have interests other than computers (and Mac Forums :D)... so what are they? Keep it G rated.

Me:

-Photography

-Music

-Trains

-Freight train hopping, a.k.a hoboing

-Riding Bicycles

-Algebra (I'm a nerd ;) )

I'd like to see others.

Hey you could do my Algebra! haha.

Computers

phones

sax

music

pro rc cars

rc helicopters

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Beating my children...

;)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Reaction score
My hobbies are Soccer, Painting, Going out with friends, Movies, exploring new places and many more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook 2GHz/iPod Classic Black 80GB/iPhone 4 32GB/iPad2 WiFi 16GB
Photography
Music
Sport - football/american football/rugby
Being Sarcastic and Opinionated ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Car detailing, music (mainly 80's), movies, cycling/walking, bit of photography and of-course tinkering around with the Mac. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.2 GHZ, 4 GB ram, 120 GB HD
Spying, building refrigerators, apple picking, nose picking, cleaning the lint out of my dryer, disassembling ball point pens, identifying patterns in the newspaper, visiting my grandma at The Pines on Tuesdays around 12, making weird noises

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
RC Sailplaines (so much for my avatar)
Computer graphics

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 12" 1.5 GHz Processor, 160 GB HD
I always think this is a funny question because I lead kind of a double life. On one side, I am involved with lots of professional groups, community organizations, private clubs and so forth. I spend so much free time involved with these and networking, I consider them hobby/obligations (hobbligations?). It might sound weird to treat social commitments as hobbies, but my background is solidly in sociocultural anthropology and it's difficult to be in large groups and not deconstruct the whole thing (keeps it much more interesting, assuredly!!). Lots of super nerdy stuff here too (e.g. I keep a Lit. blog and like to crack other languages like codes; I've been on a Scandinavian kick of late).

On the other? I love exploring everything I possibly can - abandoned places, skateboarding in tunnels, climbing mountains for secret caves and waterfalls, scaling cliffs for secret surf spots, jumping off very high places I probably shouldn't, so forth. I still go to a lot of hardcore, punk, thrash//suuubculture shows too.

I don't tend to have a lot of downtime.

Reaction score
This thread needs a bump.

-Photography

-Building computers

-Trains

-Music

-Urban Exploring (If you don't know what it is, go to a website UER.Com)

-Cars

Reaction score
Web Design
Movies
Music (Punk/Hardcore/Metal)
Concerts
Sci-Fi/Fantasy Reading
Magic (when i'm at school with my friends *mostly* )
Dungeons and Dragons (when i'm at school with my friends)
Some Anime, though as of late not much
Comics

Unfortunately at the moment my list requires $$ and I am trying to figure out other great hobbies i can do that i will like that is less cash. I might try practicing skateboarding if i ever get a skateboard from my friend. And doing push-ups/crunches instead of smoking and making that a hobby.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MacBook Pro 13" (2009) 4 GB RAM
-Twitter

-Driving, though it's been a while because I'm in college now.

-Playstation 3 (Killzone 2, Burnout: Paradise, Call of Duty 4)

-Many not-so-G-rated activities (all legal, just not G)

-I would love to be doing graphic design (did a fair amount in High school) again, but software is expensive and I'm not so good at getting it fo' free anymore.

-I love music, mostly 90s stuff, but new stuff too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
Model Trains and layouts for them (British Diesel and Steam)

Rugby League.

Surviving from one day to the next.
:Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White - 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo - 4GB RAM - 120GB HDD - GeForce 9400M - OS X 10.5.7
Graphic Design, Art, Photography, and Music

Oh, and Procrastinating ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.