• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Hobbies

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Obviously, we all have interests other than computers (and Mac Forums :D)... so what are they? Keep it G rated.

Me:

-Photography

-Music

-Trains

-Freight train hopping, a.k.a hoboing

-Riding Bicycles

-Algebra (I'm a nerd ;) )

I'd like to see others.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Photography, Electronics, Computers, Networking & Music are the main hobbies. Also like playing Video Games and watching movies a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Angling, Life Long Learning, Music

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Packer football, gadgets, and Packer football.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
while I grew up in WI, and watch the packers it's more a way of life thing than a hobby :Angry-Tongue:

Photography, woodworking, hiking, backpacking, music, need a new bicycle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
Photography, videography, Laker nation, home entertainment systems (home automation), cars, basketball, music.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I've been playing bass for about 12 years now, taught myself guitar, and have competed in music festivals.

I also do freelance design work, and design work for the company I'm starting soon.

I also like to build electronic stuff, like guitar/bass effects pedals and amplifiers.

I delved into photography for a bit, but I sold my digital camera a few months ago. I'd like to get a dSLR.

I'm also a video game junkie (currently playing EVO: Search for Gaia on SNES)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Course & Sea Fishing (kind of prefer Sea fishing)

Photography (although not so good but I can still enjoy trying right..)

I really enjoy watching films.

Like to go out with my friends.

A little bit of off-roading - which is cool but don't own a 4x4 myself and my friend recently got rid of his so this might be the end :(

Freight train hopping
sounds kind of cool and also perhaps a little dangerous as well...

OP
BlueMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
Lot of photographers on this forum, should be no surprise really. I like to watch a lot of sports:

NFL, NCAA Football/Basketball, NBA.

I also like to golf, although I didn't much this past year.

Tennis, not very good but I still try

And a lot of Halo 3 on xbox >.<

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod touch 32gb first gen. MacBook, iBook G4 and a broken PowerBook G4 15"
As you might be able to tell by my pic, I love wrestling! I also love networking,
sound mixing, and buying and selling on craigslist!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Reading. Politics. Working.

In general, I try to keep my free time to a minimum. Only a few times a week do I usually have time to myself. And I mostly spend that time with friends just relaxing :)

Reaction score
Graffiti, Photography, Videography, Technology and Reading.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Painting, Swimming, reading, and any animes with Samurais or Ninjas in them. Right now my favorite is Kurozuka. Vampires + Samurai is full of win. >_>"

Reaction score
Teaching Technology Education, Continually Educating Myself, Traveling in the Summers, Fishing (especially for flathead catfish), Woodworking, Smoking Cigars and Spitting Chews ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Tinkering around with computers, playing video games, watching movies, playing drums, reading about different philosophies/cultures/religions, writing poetry and screenplays.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro|MacBooks|iPhones|iPods|iPad
photography, graphic design (and it is my job!), computers, golf, watching sports, beer, beaches.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
Photography
Web programming (just dabbling)
Running
Biking
Paddling
Adventure Racing/Orienteering
Camping
Beer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 MacBook
I like cars. I enjoy driving, and cleaning cars inside and out (detailing). Unless they are to the point of being disgusting on the inside. I enjoy a challenge on the outside though. I haven't perfected wax, and I refuse to use it until I know for sure what I am doing. I spend a lot of my day in my room on car forums.

Aside from that, I enjoy going out with friends and time with my nephew (when he is behaving;) ).

I like trying new things (I'm up for almost anything outside). I want to go snow boarding and skydiving soon. I enjoy being on the lake during the summer in a kayak or canoe, and an occasional real rock climb.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.