Help XPSP2 Bootcamp:No Wireless Networking While Booted Via Bootcamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
There's got to be some stupid something I'm missing here. My Windows XP SP2 Bootcamp installation went fine except it won't let me join my home AirPort Extreme wireless network. I added the Bootcamp partition as my virtual machine in Parallels because it won't let me connect to my AirPort Extreme network wirelessly and Parallels shared networking works just fine. However, when booted via Bootcamp, when I scan for networks it shows mine as an available secure network - so it knows it's out there. When I click to connect it pops up that "trying to connect" animation and then after a few seconds says something like "network may no longer be available, please try again". I never even get a chance to try a password or login. Am I missing something here? Perhaps a download from Apple to let XP talk to my router? In Parallels it works fine with the shared networking so that is how I'm getting on for now. I'd like to be able to boot to Windows however if needed and still get online.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you install the Airport Extreme Windows software to your XP partition?

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.