I Tunes cd burning problem....

Reaction score
So, I'm trying to burn my tracks that I recorded onto a cd.

Everytime I do it gets to about the 4th song and then the time remaining goes up, and then it spits the disc out and puts up a failure notice.

It sometime goes back down and finishes burning...

I've tried different track list combination, among other things.

Is it possible the the cd drive is getting worn out?

Reaction score
I had the same problem in iTunes for a while. My cd's would get about 2/3 done, and then the time remaining would jump up or freeze for a sec before spitting the cd out with a error message.

I realized that my MacBook, over time, got very sensitive to movement during the burning process. This is contrary to when I first bought it, I could practically burn cd's while driving. If you're not on a notebook, this might not be your problem.

I also turned the burn speed down on iTunes. It sucks to wait longer for cd's, but it's nice because the computer can keep up and (for me, at least) they don't skip as easily when I listen to them in my car cd player, etc. I was told the slower speed writes the data with better integrity, (or losing less 0's and 1's, something along those lines).

I'm no expert, but it's worth a shot if you don't mind the longer wait.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.