No Klipsch or Swans in Canada?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 2GB
My speakers recently died on me, so I've been on the search for some new ones. From what I've found, few people have anything bad to say about the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 system. My eye has also been drawn to the Swans M-200 or the newer Swans M200MKII.

Unfortunately for me, these both seem near impossible to find in Canada. Various online retailers, including eBay, are fresh out of stock.

Does anyone have any recommendations on places to find these, or at least another pair of speakers to start looking at?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
My speakers recently died on me, so I've been on the search for some new ones. From what I've found, few people have anything bad to say about the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 system. My eye has also been drawn to the Swans M-200 or the newer Swans M200MKII.

Unfortunately for me, these both seem near impossible to find in Canada. Various online retailers, including eBay, are fresh out of stock.

Does anyone have any recommendations on places to find these, or at least another pair of speakers to start looking at?

I used to have those Klipsch speakers, and while I will say they are one of the best 2.1 computer speakers I've ever listened to, I did have a problem with the subwoofer dying on me prematurely (possibly the amp). I had done a bit of Googling on that when it happened and found that this apparently is a common complaint with that system.

I'm not familiar with the Swans speakers, but what I am currently using is the Harman Kardon Soundsticks. I had often read good things about these, but had been hesitant to try them because I wasn't all that crazy about the transparent design of the speaker shells. I finally bought them after I decided Klipsch was no longer an option and couldn't settle on anything else. I must say I am thoroughly pleased with these. If you haven't considered these yet, I would strongly encourage you to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
BTW.... I just checked eBay's Canada site for kicks and while I did find a few of the Klipsch 2.1 systems, I did make 2 observations. Firstly, there are quite a few used ones consisting only of the satellite speakers. Secondly.. there are quite a few of the subwoofer-only in non-working condition. That should pretty much confirm what I had read about the longevity of their subwoofers.

As best as I can see, the Swans computer speakers have been discontinued. There's no mention of them on their website in the current lineup of products.

OP
sholdzy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 2GB
Thanks a lot lifeisabeach. my roommate has the soundsticks and they are incredible, but I'm kind of the same way as you, the transparent design throws me off. Then again, he's had them for a while with no problems, and I know I can get those off the Apple website, so it might be my best option.

Thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.