• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Anybody have a copy of the new commercial?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20-inch iMac, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive
Just wondering if anyone knows where to get the new pepsi/itunes promotional ad. I just hope they don't do what they did last year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 (soon)
cool i havent seen this yet, cant wairt

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I hope they change the color of the bottle or tint them for this promotion. That would make the promotion more fair for the masses.

OP
The Trooper
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You guys are missing the point. They had no right to publicly humiliate the RIAA lawsuit victims on national television like that. I'm sure they didn't realize it was so horrible, but I really hope they don't do it again. If they do, I'm switching. To Coke, that is. I'm keeping the Mac.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Trooper said:
Just wondering if anyone knows where to get the new pepsi/itunes promotional ad. I just hope they don't do what they did last year.

The Trooper said:
You guys are missing the point. They had no right to publicly humiliate the RIAA lawsuit victims on national television like that. I'm sure they didn't realize it was so horrible, but I really hope they don't do it again. If they do, I'm switching. To Coke, that is. I'm keeping the Mac.
I don't think we are missing any points. We just did not comment on your comment.

So to comment on your comment. How do we know that all of the people we saw in the commerical are victimsor even which side they are victims of. Victims that RIAA brought a lawsuit against them or that Apple used them in a commerical. I believe that RIAA made them the victim. Apple just paid them for their trouble.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
what the **** is going on here!?!?!?!

-chris

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
coach_z said:
what the **** is going on here!?!?!?!

-chris
That is a good question, to which I don't know. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The Trooper said:
I don't see how it is humiliating when they got paid to do it and agreed to do it. If I got sued by the RIAA and apple came up to me and said they would put me on TV and pay me (basically covering the lawsuit) I would gladly do it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I just want this promotion to start, you get a song and a pepsi for only 25cents extra then just a song

OP
The Trooper
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Still, it's very degrading, and I think Apple should be ashamed. If you got sued, yes you'd need money, but would you really want people to know about it? These kids have been through ****, and now Apple realizes they can take advantage of them by putting them on display like circus freaks. The least they could do is let the kids on the commercial express their true feelings about the music industry's sue-em-all campaign, and whether or not they want to continue supporting their favourite musicians knowing it only contributes to more lawsuits against more 12-year-olds around the nation, instead of slugging back sugar water with a smile.

EDIT: And for god sake stop censoring the word H-E-L-L
Kapish?

OP
The Trooper
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBookG4 said:
I just want this promotion to start, you get a song and a pepsi for only 25cents extra then just a song
Or if you don't want the extra calories and caffeine and chemicals, you can get a song FOR FREE!!! And, it sounds better than the one you'd get with the stupid Pepsi, and you can do more stuff with it, like......here's an idea, PLAY IT ON SOMETHING OTHER THAN A FRIGGIN' IPOD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
The Trooper: I can't comment much because I haven't seen the advert but I'm sure you have absolutely no idea about the peoples "true feelings" of the situation. How do you know they don't completely agree with everything said? You don't. So stop going on about it as if it matters, ok?

H

historyfool24

why not mountain dew

i dont know about you guys (or girls, lets not get sexist here) but did you ever see the promotion with Mountain Dew....just Pepsi and Diet Pepsi. Mountain Dew is a soda of Pepsi-cola, i would like to support both Apple and Mountain Dew

all i have to say is SHARE THE LOVE MAN...

:headphone:

Z

zeppster

rman said:
I hope they change the color of the bottle or tint them for this promotion. That would make the promotion more fair for the masses.

Are you referring to people being able to cheat? I have a funny story about this... Oh well I'll tell it when I'm not so tired.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.