Boot-camp/windows issues

Reaction score
Hello

I've been trying to instal windows XP professional via boot-camp but I run in to the same problem every time during the installation. An error message comes up that says:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If driver is identified in stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates, try changing video adapters.

Check with your hard ware vendor for and bios updates, disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your comper, press F8 to select Advanced startup options and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

***stop: 0x0000007E (c0x0000005, 0xf748e0bf, 0xf78da208, 0xf78d9f08)

*** Pci.sys - Address F748e0bf base at f748700d, data stamp 3bd5c

Reaction score
I get a very similar error screen but in a different situation. I have windows loaded on via boot camp, but i get the error when i try and run my windows partition through VMware.

Reaction score
kill me

i have the exact same error message/blue screen of death!

does anyone know what may be causing this? i was looking through some PC forums and they talked about BIOS disabling, slipstreaming, and all this other nonsense. i dont know if these are options for us Mac users running boot camp. HELP!:Grimmace:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.