• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Spite, in the spirit of Christmas...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, PowerMac G4
With the holiday season approaching, all the traditional stories start getting recalled. I feel that the story of Santa is pretty clear... he shows up to your house at night and loads your house up with presents, eats cookies, and leaves.

BUT, where does he put them? Does he put presents under the tree, or in your stocking? I realize the answer could be "both places," but for the sake of argument, choosing one or the other, which would be the more logical destination for his gifts?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Well since he comes down the chimney he would probably put the gifts depending how far the tree is away from the Fireplace?

It also depends on the size of the gift...cause obviously you can't fit large electric devices in a stocking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
With the holiday season approaching, all the traditional stories start getting recalled. I feel that the story of Santa is pretty clear... he shows up to your house at night and loads your house up with presents, eats cookies, and leaves.

BUT, where does he put them? Does he put presents under the tree, or in your stocking? I realize the answer could be "both places," but for the sake of argument, choosing one or the other, which would be the more logical destination for his gifts?

Under my computer desk. ;P

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, PowerMac G4
Ha, very nice.

Ya, see, I have always grown up believing that he put them under the tree. Traditional portrayals show the same. I think he doesn't completely neglect the stockings, but the majority of the gifts go under the tree. Especially because December 6th, is "St. Nick's Day" when kids get stuff in their stockings. Certain Christian religions recognize this day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
We leave our stockings under the tree. That way, we get both!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.