Mac Mini, who's buyin?

C

code777

curious, who out there is gettin a mac mini? Do you already own a iMac/iBook? I'm wondering if the majority of people that will be buying a mac mini are switchers or are they people who already own an iBook or iMac,

a few guys in the office want to buy the mac mini and are potential switchers. But when i said i was *thinking* about getting one they said "Why, you already have an iBook G4, why not just get an iMac G5 as your desktop?" and it got me thinking that the mac mini and iBook G4 are practically the same except the iBook is a laptop.

OP
S

ssadams

i am buying one. im not a switcher but i wanted to try panther but didnt want to pay too much

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
I'm getting one, mainly to setup with the PC my wife uses with a KVM switch so she can see how she likes it. She loves my PowerBook and, surprising to me, wants to actually learn OSX.

My shipping date shows on or before Feb 3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
i would love to buy one, it is cute.

OP
S

SpliceDWDM

the_New_guy said:
i would love to buy one, it is cute.

I've purchased one. I do have a Shuttle SB61G2 (PC), but if all goes well, as I think it will, I will switch 100%. :teen:

...got an aggrevating ship date of on-or-before 14/02/05. :mad:

OP
L

Lasha

Yep! I'm getting this in a couple of months. It's gonna be used as my personal home web/email/file server. Gotta love Macs. Built in Apache.

OP
P

proudlywelsh83

I'd like to purchase one and sit it next to the tv in the living room with the coposite video adapter to stream video footage and DIVX films from my Imac upstairs. nice and compact, just looking for a bluetooth small keyboard/remote to run apps from the comfort of my couch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini @ 1.5Ghz, 1GB ram, 12.1" ibook 1.33Ghz 1GB ram
I've got mine on order with a mac kb and mouse, delivery date on or before the 28th :cool:

OP
R

Ryanstech

I will be buying one, I don't need it as I have more then one Mac already but how can you pass up a new Apple collectible for $500? I think the cube was at least $1200 when it debuted.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Mine is on order, shipping 29/01/05.

It will be going straight into my car if all goes to plan.

Amen-Moses

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Will be looking at a PowerMac or an iMac in the next six months.

OP
D

dynasty

Amen-Moses said:
Mine is on order, shipping 29/01/05.

It will be going straight into my car if all goes to plan.

Amen-Moses
What you gonna do with it in the car? How you gonna hook it up? Get some pics for us when it's done!

OP
D

dynasty

one more thing, can you add printers and scanners to the mini? Are there USB adapters for printers and scanners? And since there are only 2 usb slots, can you get a usb switch that makes one usb slot into 4-6?

Reaction score
I am a long time PC user who planned on switching to a Mac Mini. The more I looked into apple products, the more I wanted to get a good system. Apples launch of the Mini caused my to buy a Power Mac :mac:

OP

01AWW18T

just bought one ;)
I wouldn't call myself a switcher just yet.. because my job still requires me to use PCs (Soft. Dev). We'll see how it goes. This is what I got:

1.42 Ghz
256meg RAM (will prob upgrade to 512 when it gets here)
80 gig
Combo Drive

Bought it from Apple.ca , education pricing of $725, and I had a coupon from Apple for $40 off 399 coupon through email, so my total came to $685CDN!!

Hopefully they let my order go through, the invoice does say 685 though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7
When is the release date? I have my $599 stashed away, gonna stroll into compusa and snatch one first day I can.......but I dont know when that is, just picked up our monitor today, we figure this way we can afford to splurge on the $999 Apple studio display next year sometime, and then upgrade the computer every year for $599 (if this mac mini thing sticks around and isnt a flash in the pan)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
dynasty: There are USB scanners & printers if that's what you were asking. There are also adapters for older devices with lpt1 connectors.

You can also buy USB hubs (1 slot-> 8 slots)

OP
B

B.Greenway

I can’t wait for mine, delivery is expected "on or before the 25th of February”

One thing I'm concerned with however is the noise from the combo drive, I hope it's not as loud as has been reported from the super drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.