Fresh Install

Reaction score
Hi I just bought a 2 month old macbook pro and was wanting to eraze the whole hard drive and start again. It has both the install disks but unsure how to do it. Please could someone tell me a step by step guide to doing this please? Will I need to down load all the programs/ utilities again? Please advise. Thankyou

Reaction score
hey congrats on the new Laptop!! I got mine in July. Is this your first time on Mac? Anyways.

1: Insert Disc one into Drive and reboot the mac.

2: When the Mac reboots, while that little mac sound comes on, press and hold the "C" button. This tell the mac to search other drives I guess.

3: It will take a little longer that booting into the hard drive but give it a couple of minutes and a "Desktop" will boot up this is the DVD's menu. Go to the menu bar and click on Tools>Disk Utility

4: On the Left Side Bar click on your drive Partition it. Partition it as HFS+ and remember you can also create other partitions or "hard drives" in this program too. So if you want any or might want any this is a good tome to make it.

Once Partition is done. Reboot into DVD again follow steps one and two. then you can install the OS and it will be like new. Plus it always runs wicked fast on a fresh install.

OP
G
Reaction score
Fresh Instal

OK so can anybody tell me how to do a fresh install on my MBP please so it is like new. Do u need to install programs, utilities etc? cheers

Reaction score
hey congrats on the new Laptop!! I got mine in July. Is this your first time on Mac? Anyways.

1: Insert Disc one into Drive and reboot the mac.

2: When the Mac reboots, while that little mac sound comes on, press and hold the "C" button. This tell the mac to search other drives I guess.

3: It will take a little longer that booting into the hard drive but give it a couple of minutes and a "Desktop" will boot up this is the DVD's menu. Go to the menu bar and click on Tools>Disk Utility

4: On the Left Side Bar click on your drive Partition it. Partition it as HFS+ and remember you can also create other partitions or "hard drives" in this program too. So if you want any or might want any this is a good tome to make it.

Once Partition is done. Reboot into DVD again follow steps one and two. then you can install the OS and it will be like new. Plus it always runs wicked fast on a fresh install.

Holding down "C" on boot-up tells it to boot from the CD/DVD drive. Holding down Option on start-up gives you a list of all bootable drives that are available...

OP
G
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me how, using the installation disks how to do a fresh install so its loke new. I asked this question b4 and it got deleted! why is that? Does the installation disk have all the programs/ utilituies?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.