Help (iPhone 3G) IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Hello there,

I am facing a terrible problem with my iPhone 3G right now. The thing is, when ever I press 'Phone' so I would make a phone call, the Phone app opens and then when you press nothing happens, then 5 seconds later it closes again. I tried restarting, removing sim and putting it again, but nothing seemed to work. I have Cydia installed and I guess some of its applications are bad for the iPhone, so I removed almost all of them, I left like the ones that came with it after it was jail broken. Can some one please help? When ever I open PHONE, it opens then I keep pressing numbers, contacts, etc. but nothing happens and then it closes down to menu again.

HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED, and PLEASE ASAP.

Thank you so much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Looks like you're going to have to do a restore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.53 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, 500 Gb HDD
Restore looks like your last resort. But try calling cingular or apple. Your choice.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple store here doesn't even have the iPhone yet, they didn't even know what an iLap is because I wanted to buy one for my MacBook Pro, because I can't put it even on a pillow, too hot. Plus, I am in Egypt and no network provider even has the iPhone yet, but my network provider is getting locked iPhone 3Gs for them and for their customers with plans and stuff like on January. So should I just reset all settings?

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried inserting the sim card that came with it (the AT&T) one, but it still did not work. What the ****? I don't know what to do now and I am pretty sure no one can fix it here, this is bull .... and I did the 'sim card' swapping thing after I reseted all settings.

Edit - I just want to know one thing, I just saw the RESTORE category in iTunes after connecting the iPhone, and I pressed it. It says it's downloading the new 2.1 update (even though mine is up to date to the latest software) but anyway, does that mean if my phone is jail broken, it won't be like that anymore? Because I like Cydia actually, just for themes not applications. Some one explain please.

EDIT #2 - I downloaded the newest iPhone software 2.1 from iTunes and installed it (by Restoring) and tried my sim card and it works just fine! Finally. The "Phone" thing works even better than before now, lol finally. Should I go ahead and jail break it using QuickPwn or should I leave it like that? Because I do not have a visa card that works online (mine's electronic to withdraw from ATM machines) in order to create an App Store account, and my country doesn't support iTunes rofl.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.