eMac Leopard Woes - please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo
Okay, here's the story:

I installed Leopard on my eMac and it seemed to work fine, except half of the apps are missing (no iPhoto, iDVD or iWeb), and now I've discovered the Superdrive is just spitting out any disc I put in there (data, audio and lens cleaning.

I want to restore it back to Tiger as I am about to sell it, but I can't install it because the original discs just get rejected.

I have tried linking up to my newer iMac with no luck. I have tried creating a disc image of Leopard with no luck. I have tried booting up from the disc with no luck.

So basically without an operable Superdrive I am completely stuck. What I really want is to be able to restore to 'factory' settings' and start from scratch.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo
So far, so good!

Thanks for that - I tried the Firewire Target mode and I've now successfully re-installed Tiger- brilliant! - but unfortunately the Superdrive is still playing up.

I'm guessing it's died on me :[ , but if you have any ideas...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.