Time Capsule Flashing Orange - MB Doesn't Scan It

Reaction score
here's the situation:

i just moved. at my old place i used the time capsule exclusively as an external hard drive and not a wireless router. i had it connected to my router wirelessly though. in my new place i want to make the time capsule the router and set up a network with it. however once i plugged it into the wall it gives me that lovely flashing amber light on the front. nothing i do makes it go away.

i've tried the reset button. i've tried holding that down while scanning with the airport utility. i've tried unplugging the time capsule. i've looked at every thread on the apple support boards, this forum, google, the manual. i cannot get this time capsule to not flash amber.

my macbook pro does not see it when i use the airport utility so i can't even troubleshoot it from there. can someone please explain to me what i'm supposed to do?

Reaction score
I am having the SAME exact issue. Just moved. Used time capsule as an external hard drive (connected to wireless router) at the old place and now want to use it as my wireless base. I have the same flashing amber light problem and my airport utility doesnt recognize my TC on my computer. Were you able to resolve this issue?

Reaction score
I just changed side tables in my office, and needed to unplug my TC. I was using it as a backup HD and a router.

Now I've plugged it back in I'm having EXACTLY the same problem.

I had to dig my old router out of storage to get back on line. The TC just flashes amber and isn't recognized by my iMac. It's like it doesn't exist.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.