New problem with Aperture and Nikon NEF

Reaction score
Is anyone else having a problem with Aperture 2 not allowing downloads of NEF (nikon's RAW) format images? I noticed it today, and it seems to have begun since downloading Apple's latest set of camera updates to Aperture.

Aperture will recognize the images on my cards (i've tried it with 2) but not allow me to download them to my managed library. It will not even give photo information (date, sample image names, etc.) when highlighting an image pre-download as it usually does. I was able to transfer them from my desktop to Aperture. And the program will download Jpegs fine.

I shoot a Nikon D80.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
No issues here with my D300's and D200

OP
M
Reaction score
darn! No one else out there having this problem? So begins my troubleshooting... I was hoping I would just need Apple to patch a mistake...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
I had a problem the other day, but when i exited and went back in all was well. Note it was only a select few of my raw images not all of them which struck me weird.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2grz 2g Ram
I have had a problem on a couple of files: the colors went funny. I went to the Applestore here in Glasgow(Scotland) It needeed an update in fact. now it is working fine.

OP
M
Reaction score
this sounds like a problem with the camera RAW update. here is a link to others with the issue

I followed the following directions and reinstalled only Camera Raw Update 2.2 (not 2.3) and my problems have stopped.
"The key is to remove the "RawCamera.bundle" folder from /System/Library/CoreServices and install the older 2.1 version."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.