Ableton 7 saved files dont work on older versions

Reaction score
Hi , ok so here's my problem i recently tried the trial version of ableton 7 and it converged all my files for it to work on ableton 7 . now when the demo ran out i wanted to get back to my old ableton 5 but the files won't open in there so now i have a verry big problem .

or i buy ableton 7 now or i just drop all my latest tracks that i wanted to release . but i dont want to to either of them because i dont have to money for it and i dont want to throw away all of that hard work .

so i hope anybody here can give me some kind of solution on this im realy hopeing for it , thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
You will more than likely get more of a response on either the Ableton forums or Ableton Live DJ forums. But as far as I know there is no way (read it is not possible) to use new live sets on the older versions, because of all the new features that are added, especially from 5 to 7.

Like I said though, you might want to ask on the official Ableton forums or the Ableton Live DJ forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.