Received Refurbished MacBook Pro, but...

Reaction score
Ok, I just noticed that there was a couple minor scratches on the casing of the refurb MBP, and that the material that covers the slot-loading SuperDrive is ripped. I contacted Apple and they gave me a case number, but I have to call back tomorrow because the department was closed. Do you think that they will give me a replacement?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
yes, they will replace it :)

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for your quick reply. I was think they would cause I've heard that they are the best or one of the best when it comes to customer service. They are minor cosmetic issues, but I know they will bug me.

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I bought a refurb 1st generation MBP with a faulty keyboard and warped case. I dropped it by at my local store and the next day about noon another refurb was there waiting for me. That one was fine.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok, so they are going to give me a replacement MacBook Pro, even though they are only minor scratches. It's great what Apple does to satisfy their customers...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Congrats man. +1 for Apple Service.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks. The scratch(es) are extremely minor, I am probably the only one who will notice them. Like if my brother went to use my computer, he would not notice them etc... I was surprised how good their service is...

Reaction score
oh wow, I didn't know that Apple would replace refurbished macbook pro's when there are minor cosmetic defects. kudos to them!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Good to know

Good to know Apple will replace refurbs for cosmetic reasons. I've long thought about buying a refurbed mac, but have resisted because I was afraid I would be too picky about scratches and such. :D

OP
S
Reaction score
Good to know Apple will replace refurbs for cosmetic reasons. I've long thought about buying a refurbed mac, but have resisted because I was afraid I would be too picky about scratches and such. :D

Alright, so the new MacBook Pro came today and this one is perfect...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.