importing cds....missing tracks?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been importing cds into itunes with good success, and on the last few cds, the majority of the tracks did not get imported.

I tried again on those cds that did not import all the tracks, but it did the same thing.
What gives?

N

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Dirty or scratched CD's? Check for any Fingerprints and dirt. It sounds like the drive is having issues reading some of the tracks. Just a guess anyway.

OP
E
Reaction score
All the cds are clean, so I don't think it is that.

I just did another test with a more popular cd (the Knack), and i imported all of the songs. These cds that don't get fully imported are a bit rare, ie, Rhino's Cowabunga Surf, and Nuggets series. Is there a possibility that is has something to do with the song being too rare for the itunes library? How does itune work - is it possible that itunes does not know every song published?

N

OP
E
Reaction score
Well, when I got back in to itunes the next day, all the tracks appeared with their respective cd titles. Weird.
Thanks for the replies.

I just confirmed that the itunes library is not all encompassing - it did not recognize my cd of Klerk Kent, ie, Stewart Copeland's side project in the early 80s. Ha!
:\

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.