Buy games for mac or PC and run boot camp?

Reaction score
Well I finally upgraded my MacBook to a 24inch iMac. I'm looking to get a few games now. Im wondering is it worth it to order the mac version of games from the apple site or just buy the PC version in town run boot camp? (No one in town sells games for mac)

Is there any difference? Will I see better performance in mac over bootcamp with windows xp?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The vast majority of games don't get ported to Mac. So, if one of your main reasons for buying the iMac is to run games, then installing Windows via Boot Camp is your best bet.

OP
S
Reaction score
What im wondering is will I see any performance increase by buying the mac version of a game if I can. Or just forget it and go PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
What im wondering is will I see any performance increase by buying the mac version of a game if I can. Or just forget it and go PC.
Probably not: Most games are written for Windows and then ported to the Mac. Some of the newer titles actually run special code that basically makes them believe they're running on Windows.

I prefer the Mac versions if they're available simply because they save me the hassle of a reboot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.