My Powerbook is not turning on properly

S

sonofliberty

A few days ago I turned on my G4 powerbook and it chimed and never started up. I could hear the fans going but the screen didn't turn on and the hard drive wasn't spinning. I turned it off manually and back on again and it did the same thing. eventually it cooperates and starts up normally but lately I've had to turn it off, then on about 4 or 5 times. Does anyone have an idea on what's going on?

OP
L

Lasha

Make sure it's not some kind of a Power Supply problem. I've seen Macs that chimed but NEVER started up. Their power supplies were fried.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i have had that same problem and a major sound problem

my mac just fixed itself over time....
this is not too helpful
-chris

OP
F

fishbulb

I had an issue like that, I had to upplug and remove the battery and wait until the light went out and then replaced the battery and the powercord and it started right up, no problems.

OP
S

sonofliberty

Yeah, thanks for the help everyone but my comp is behaving itself now. I'm amazed at how this thing just fixes itself like that. I love my mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.