• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What is Santa bringing you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
My wish list
-Blackberry Storm
-Tanabe coilovers for my RSX-S

I was just looking at the Storm, sucks that my carrier doesn't carry it. I've been looking at the HTC Touch Pro for sprint. Has a full slide out qwerty keyboard.

Most definitely! Xmas shopping is for suckers. I usually ended up buying whatever I wanted, providing I could afford it at the time.

It really ticked me off when my mom would ask "what would you like for Xmas?" .. I'd say "nothing," and she'd get super-mad. Later on, she'd complain about how she couldn't afford much at all for xmas and got all depressed about it.

I said I wanted nothing, solution to the problem? I don't know.

No kidding. It just seems it's more about getting than giving these days. It's about finding the best deals and getting the new hip gadget/toy.

It's all about the marketing and not about the xmas "spirit." Maybe I'm just being to cheesy about it. But what ever happened to just spending time with friends and family and not going into debt buying presents for everyone? :$

Saying nothing is NEVER the solution. You and I may think it is, but it's not. It's just not that simple :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
I was just looking at the Storm, sucks that my carrier doesn't carry it. I've been looking at the HTC Touch Pro for sprint. Has a full slide out qwerty keyboard.

No kidding. It just seems it's more about getting than giving these days. It's about finding the best deals and getting the new hip gadget/toy.

It's all about the marketing and not about the xmas "spirit." Maybe I'm just being to cheesy about it. But what ever happened to just spending time with friends and family and not going into debt buying presents for everyone? :$

Saying nothing is NEVER the solution. You and I may think it is, but it's not. It's just not that simple :\

I agree with the sentiment that Christmas seems to be more about getting rather than giving. I was guilty of this thought as I grew up, like most I imagine, but now that I am 6 months from marriage, living in a house and going to school, I learn now how important those days are to just be spent with the family and making laughs.

Krystal said yesterday that she loves Christmas with my family because one thing we do is we play the dice game, which is fun, random, and we have a lot of laughs. It is simple and cheap, and as a result we get to make memories rather than get gifts that fade as time passes.

This time around I am putting my energy into relationships that last and are important rather than unimportant worldly things that fade and wear away with time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC

I can't wait for Telus to get the Storm.. It's such a sweeeeeet looking phone. I'm pretty sure it's the Blackberry "equivalent" to the iPhone, which for some reason, I despise greatly.

And like I said before, "my wang is bigger than your wang."

AKA. "Check out this sweet iPod I got!" .. "Oh yeah? Check out my new plasma TV!!!" .. "Oh yeaaaah?!?! Check out this new car I got!" (It does happen, I've seen it).

I mean, I'm not christian, so the holidays don't really mean much to me. Regardless of the fact, a holiday is there for a reason, and it's not even about the birth of Christ anymore. Which bothers me even more about it.

It's like going to some one's funeral and weeping/mourning/crying when you don't know the person, ya know?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
You're aware that there were pagan festivals at that time of year that long predate christianity, and indeed that the christmas holiday was plunked on top of right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
This time around I am putting my energy into relationships that last and are important rather than unimportant worldly things that fade and wear away with time.

Right on. I believe that's what Thanksgiving and X-mas is suppose to be about, no?!

I can't wait for Telus to get the Storm.. It's such a sweeeeeet looking phone. I'm pretty sure it's the Blackberry "equivalent" to the iPhone, which for some reason, I despise greatly.

And like I said before, "my wang is bigger than your wang."

AKA. "Check out this sweet iPod I got!" .. "Oh yeah? Check out my new plasma TV!!!" .. "Oh yeaaaah?!?! Check out this new car I got!" (It does happen, I've seen it).

I mean, I'm not christian, so the holidays don't really mean much to me. Regardless of the fact, a holiday is there for a reason, and it's not even about the birth of Christ anymore. Which bothers me even more about it.

It's like going to some one's funeral and weeping/mourning/crying when you don't know the person, ya know?

I'm right there with you about the stupid Iphone. I'm just sick of seeing them!!! Yes it's cool, yes it's innovative, blah blah blah. I just can't stand it...

I'm not Christian either but I can appreciate what Christmas is suppose to be about for those that believe in it. I just don't get how getting/receiving presents fits in with the whole Christ being born? I'm not trying to get into a religious debate, cause like I said I'm not a Christian and I am not familiar with it, but spending money on presents just doesn't fit into the picture if you know what I mean.

It's just like Valentine's day. Could you manufacture a "holiday" any better than that? Give me a break..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
Some Hunter S Thompson books.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
usually i just ask for money for xmas/birthdays and i save it, got about $3000 saved up now, dunno what to spend it on though is painful seeing it spent :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Bad news!

He is bringing you guys nothing. There is an economic crisis don't you know and as he get here to Australia the day before Europe and the States, we are gonna empty the sacks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz
These things are on my list:
1) Mac Pro ( Hah! I wish)
2) Mighty Mouse
3) Apple wireless keyboard
4) iPod touch

And of course time with the family

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
usually i just ask for money for xmas/birthdays and i save it, got about $3000 saved up now, dunno what to spend it on though is painful seeing it spent :)

Keep saving!!! Then buy a Scarlet in 2010

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 ghz, iPhone 3G, And g5 iMac
Nikkon d60 with a 55-200 mm lens hopefully....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
I am asking for a big check (20 million dollars). I am asking. I don't think I'll get it. xD I've been looking around for an external DVD burner, and maybe an external HD. I would like the check more, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
I am asking for a big check (20 million dollars).

2.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
I think Forum Shark has a better ring to it. Hmm... Bank shark... Santa is real!

Reaction score
Just got my bought my nikon D60 so im a happy camper...but hope fully a 16 or 32 gb ipod touch....Havent decided on which one though...gotta replace that 5.5 gen 30 gb ipod classic

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.53 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, 500 Gb HDD
Me and my girlfriend both make wishlists and we go and max out both of our credit cards lol. Here is mine -
1. Dresser
2. ipod Dock
3. Flip mino
4. Wallet
5. Dickies pants or shorts
6. Guitar hero World tour
7. Rock band 2 (Newest one)
8. Mini Dv tapes for camcorder
9. Shotgun With case
10. 2X2 GB Ram for my iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel 20", 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, ATI Radeon HD, 250GB hard drive, 8x double-layer SuperDrive
So far:

1. Xbox 360 Pro ($300)
2. iPod Touch 16GB Refurbished ($239)
3. Bose Companion 2 Series II ($99)
4. Western 160GB External Hard Drive (black) ($129)
5. Kyosho F40 Lightweight Red 1:18 ($100)
6. Ferrari F50 1:18 Hotwheels Elite ($75-100)
7. Skull Candy “Skull Crushers” Headphones ($90)
8. Macbook Ram (2x2GB) ($80)
9. PS3 40GB

My parents normally ask us for a list of 10-20 things that we want and among those they pick something. Nothing on the list can be over $400. This year I see me getting the 16GB iPod Touch and the Bose companion.
Spoiled kid is spoiled.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.66/4GB/320GB; iMac 2.66Ghz/4GB/320GB; Apple TV; Black iPhone 3G 16GB
Have no idea what I'm getting. My g/f hides things well. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.