Screen Dim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
First, I love this phone! I was a little hesitant to switch from the Blackberry platform, but I am glad that I did!

On to the question. Is there a way to make the screen dim without it auto-locking? I don't need the screen at full working brightness all the time, but also don't really need / want it to auto-lock either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
I do not know if I am right, but I guess going to Settings > General > Auto-Lock - and choose NEVER. I think that will set the screen off but it will not ask you to 'Slide to Unlock' once you start using the iPhone again. Sorry if my information is incorrect.

OP
lifeafter2am
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I do not know if I am right, but I guess going to Settings > General > Auto-Lock - and choose NEVER. I think that will set the screen off but it will not ask you to 'Slide to Unlock' once you start using the iPhone again. Sorry if my information is incorrect.

Naw, it just keeps the screen on and at it's working brightness the whole time. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
The only time the screen will dim but not auto-lock is when it's plugged into power. The auto-lock set to a time will instead dim the screen at that time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 ghz, iPhone 3G, And g5 iMac
You can change the brightness if you like to that of a dimmed screen setting/brightness. then chose the level.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.