Exporting music in iTunes from PC to Mac

Reaction score
My Wife used iTunes for her iPod on our windows PC but it has died. The hard drive is fine and I have that in a usb caddy. I want to export all her music from iTunes on the Windows HD into iTunes on a G4 iMac we have.

Can anyone kindly tell me how to do this please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
SEnuti might work, although I not sure it will work with a mounted disk, worth a try tho

senuti - Google Code

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
If you have a way of reading the PC HD on the Mac, it should be easy. My PC itunes library is at C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Music\iTunes. Yours should be somewhere similar.

Open iTunes on the Mac and under File, there should be an option to add files to library. Select this and point it to the appropriate folder on the PC drive. Select all the files in the folder and import.

(Typing this from my PC, and recalling from memory, so I may be a little off on the exact steps, but these should be very close.)

EDIT: LOL!--The Windows C colon backslash I typed is interpreted as a confused smiley! How appropriate!

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks folks, I have managed to get the music across but have some other issues. As there is an ipod forum (should have noticed before!), I will post a thread there.

thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.