Help - screen colours all wrong

Reaction score
My 2 year old has pressed something and the screen looks like a negative - how do I get it back to normal and is there a way of locking the mac?
thanks

OP
B
Reaction score
just found it myself, he'd somehow pressed ctrl, command and the 8 key? Anyone know how to lock it though?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
The full shortcut is Command+Option+Ctrl+8... talented kid you've got there - that's not an easy shortcut! ;)

You can change these types of settings under System Preferences > Universal Access, but I don't think there's a way to turn it off there.

You can disable the shortcut under System Prefs > Keyboard and Mouse > Shortcuts though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alumibook 2.4, 4GB | 1TB Time Capsule | 30GB Video iPod
I have my screensaver set to require a password, then I have screen saver hot cornered to the bottom left. So as opposed to Windows key + lock, or ctrl alt del enter, i just scroll my mouse to the bottom left corner and walk away.

Works great.

OP
B
Reaction score
thanks, will try the System Preferences and look at passwords too - alternatively I will lock the door so he can't get to my mac!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.