Help with iPhone 3G Please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Hello Every One,

So I recently purchased a factory unlocked iPhone 3G two days ago, it's working pretty good and fast. Anyhow, I am facing like three problems right now and if you can help me, then thank you very much.

1) When I am trying to download an application from the AppStore, it always asks for my Email Address / User Name and Password, I don't know if I even did one or not, but if I did, then I typed either one of my two emails, but I checked the inbox/junk today and found nothing from Apple, so can some one help me find that out?

2) I do not think the GPS is even working, when I am on MAPS application, I can not get my location, I mean, on my father's N95 8gb and on my old Tytn II, I could find my location on the map and it even changes while I drive or walk, but on the iPhone 3G it says "Your location could not be determind".

3) I want to transfer contacts from my Nokia N81 8GB to my iPhone 3G. I copied them from my Nokia using PC Suite, but they were all saved as a .csv file, and I don't know how to put that in my iPhone 3g.

Those are the problems I am facing for now, and help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Tarek.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
Import the CSV into Address Book in OSX. Then when u sync with itunes it will copy them to your iphone. You need to have an itunes store account to use the app store, so get there and make an account then you will be able to log in. As regarding to the GPS, this is done via your phone network not the handset its self, so if it unlocked I presume that is the problem.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you so much for replying. Oh, I was talking about Windows by the way, but never mind, I will log in Macintosh then, haven't used it for over a month lol. About the iTunes Store Account, it's not available for my country yet, I live in Egypt, I was in the States for 14 days but came back yesterday, wish I knew that Egypt isn't in the list, would have done it when I was in NYC. Anyway, I will try to figure something out. Thanks a lot man and hope you have a great day!

EDIT - I just switched to Macintosh OSX trying to copy the .csv file that includes my contacts (copied from Nokia) to Address Book but it fails, it gives me an error message that you can view in this screen shot I've taken, PLEASE HELP!

f_Picture1m_d09759f.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Try converting the csv file to a vcard using a tool like this:
CSV to vCard

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay going to give it a try, thanks for replying. By the way, how do I take a screen shot (snap shot) using my iPhone? I saw in some other topic that you hold Home Button the Sleep or something like that, I don't get it? lol.

Thanks for replying and I'll tell you if it worked.

Edit - Sorry that did not work, or more like, I don't know how to do that. Look at what I get when I open the .csv file

f_Picture1m_33267af.jpg

EDIT - Never mind, figured out how to do the Screen Shot thing. The Contacts problem still exists though, need help.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Guys please help me in this. This is lame. I really want to transfer the contacts but I simply can't. The contacts are saved as .csv file and I don't know what to do with that. Can you please help me? Argh! It's boring having to hold my other phone to get a number in order to dial it from the iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
Man it looks like the nokia isnt the same format or isnt going to work. If you do it on the mac it wont take 20 mins to manualy type in all the contact in to the address book then sync. Sorry i coudnt be more help :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
What can I say - try more csv to .vcard converters that can deal with the nokia formatting... there's probably a ton of sites / tools out there, just try them until you find one that works.

Or try importing the csv into your google mail contacts and download the vcard from there!

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alright, thanks a lot. I will try some converters and I will try the Google Mail thing.

@dudeking, thanks a lot for your help man, it's okay. But I don't think I can type all that, they are over 350 contacts and most contacts have more than 3 numbers in each of them, you know "Home, Mobile, Office, etc.". But anyway, if you know a software that can easily organize that so I can just type the name, home, office, mobile, etc. and then export to iPhone, then I'd be thankful.

EDIT - I tried importing my contacts into my GMAIL account and it worked. 347 of 350 contacts were copied. But the problem is, all of them except 3 are (Unnamed), but each of them does have the phone number, mobile, email, etc. the name is the most important thing though. And I was able to export it to vCard. ^^, Thank you, I think there are no other options except calling Nokia and Apple for now.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
GUYS, I FINALLY MADE IT! Hoo-ray! Haha, wow after so many days of trying to figure out how, I finally did it while on Macintosh. I am going to say exactly how I did it but that's for NOKIA users ONLY who want to transfer contacts to iPhone.

Process:

1) Go to this website Nokia - Download Nokia iSync Bluetooth Software Application for Mac Synchronization

2) Search for the phone you have and download the plugin for it (make sure you aren't running iSync)

3) It will automatically be mounted (or unmounted whatever it's called) on your Desktop and will also automatically install

4) Turn ON the Bluetooth in your device

5) Run iSync from Applications or just type iSync in the search bar

6) Search for your device (add device), make sure you accept all bluetooth connections on your phone from your Macintosh computer

7) It will show you several devices (if you have several devices with bluetooth on) just double-click yours from the list and it will be added

8) The syncing should look like the picture I am going to post below, so just press on your Phone's icon in order to play in the Settings and sync the things you want (only Contacts and Calenders can be synced I guess)

9) Press Sync Devices and that's about it for now. Now go to Applications and then Address Book and then you will find all your contacts there :]

10) Select them all (Command + A) then Export as vCard on Desktop or wherever you want

11) Open iTunes, select your iPhone from the list, and Sync Contacts with Address book, and YOU'RE DONE.

Thank you ALL for helping me on this, I really do appreciate it.

PS: Here's how Syncing with your phone using iSync should look like (mine's a N81 8GB so I had to download the plugin, some phones don't need the plugin).

f_Picture1m_bc54f46.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.