Help with iBook, gray screen only

Reaction score
A friend of mine found an old iBook and asked me to look at it and see if it was still working. I didn't have the heart to tell her I only use PC (don't hate me for this). When I turn it on all I get is a blank gray/white screen. I've tried booting into the Mac OS X disc by holding 'C' at startup and all I hear is the CD drive spinning and still get the blank screen. I've tried shift, ctrl, option & power and still nothing but a blank screen. I've even tried option, apple, p, r and still nothing. So I'm at a lost as to what to do now.
So I'm asking the Mac experts if there is anything that can be done or is this laptop fubar'd? Again, I'm a PC person and don't have a lot of experience with the Mac. Thanks for the help guys. :D

Reaction score
Sounds like the video on the logic board is dust. Try hooking it to an external monitor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lombard 400, 190cs, Wallstreet 233

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.