?? for Gamers who use PC & iMac

Reaction score
Here's my dilemma . . . I was all set to get an iMac for my kids. (I'm going to get ME a MacBook :) ). A big thing that my kids (and husband) are wanting to do is play Warhammer On-line. My dh bought it for his laptop but it doesn't work - just locks up. So we're planning on using the new desktop for the gaming in our house. Knowing this - am I smart to buy an iMac? (I know I'm probably going to get some smart remarks from this comment! I'm sick of PC's but for gaming . . .???). It seems I can get a more powerful PC for gaming for less money. And I wouldn't have to buy Windows XP or Vista to make it run. I just don't want to spend tons of money and have them be disappointed when they try to play that game. (I've read where some people have had some issues with it on the iMac).

Those of you who know Warhammer - will they be happy playing it on an iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Forget the Mac side of things - if you're gaming on Windows it's a Core2Duo machine with a Radeon 2400 / 2600 or GeForce 8800 (depending on what you buy), like any PC out there.

Warhammer doesn't seem particularly taxing, so it'll be able to run it fine. Having said, that, I'd steer away from the Radeon 2400 GPU. The 2600 is quite a bit better.

Reaction score
You should be fine playing it on an iMac, like Alexis said. Just make sure the specs are good enough, and it'll run just fine.

Reaction score
there's only one catch. I play warhammer and i know for a fact that they do not yet have a client out for the Mac, only PC format.

OP
K
Reaction score
If I get Fusion (or use bootcamp) and put XP on the Mac will they be able to play it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
You will need to use Boot Camp. Games don't run well (if at all) in VMware or Parallels due to lack of decent 3D graphics support.

It will run just fine in Boot Camp though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.