Maps & Keyboard

Reaction score
I just purchased an iTouch 2g 8GB last night and coming from the original nano it is like night and day. I am really enjoying it... except two things popped out at me right away:

1) Keyboard: Does it get easier to use? I tried tapping it with my fingers, which are not big at all and I kept hitting the wrong keys. I tried using my pinky which was awkward. I tried using my fingernail but that didn't work. I tried turning the itouch sideways thinking it would get bigger...nothing.

2) Maps: I love this feature but I am not always going to be in a home with wi-fi or in a coffee shop. The chances of me driving from PA to NJ and having a wi-fi connection during my drive are SLIM... When would I use Maps if I cannot connect?? I thought maybe it had a built-in map system that could be used offline???

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 ghz, iPhone 3G, And g5 iMac
Congrats!

1) Yes it gets easier to use just give it some time and you will be typing with out even thinking. When i got my iPhone it took me a while but now i dont even look when i type. I recommend using your thumbs both of them, thats my style.

2) Yes the map app seems like a good idea but in theory its not unless you have an iphone. But if u were going to take a trip you could look up the directions before you left and have them on the iPod so you could just open the app and get directions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.