Installing Leopard from iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
I'm using Mac Tips' directions on how to install Leopard from an iPod. Everything's fine until I start looking for it in Startup Disk pictured below...

200802021711.jpg

(Not my actual screen, used for reference)

Mine's not there! I did everything step by step, but it won't show up in Startup Disk. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
For some reason I have been having a lot of problems with Leopard showing me bootable volumes in this screen lately. When I was working on my fiance's computer it would not recognize the external device that was made by SuperDuper no matter what I did. Can you not just boot up and hold down the ALT key to select the iPod?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
What ended up working is holding down Option while loading at the Blue Screen (right after Apple logo pops up). It gave me the option to boot right from the iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
What ended up working is holding down Option while loading at the Blue Screen (right after Apple logo pops up). It gave me the option to boot right from the iPod.

Yeah, thats what I ment by the ALT key, since it says ALT above it (at least on my keyboard). Glad you got it working!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
For some reason I have been having a lot of problems with Leopard showing me bootable volumes in this screen lately. When I was working on my fiance's computer it would not recognize the external device that was made by SuperDuper no matter what I did. Can you not just boot up and hold down the ALT key to select the iPod?

If your fiance has a PowerPC machine, external drive must be formatted with Apple Partition Map and use a firewire connection as USB, even USB2, is too slow to boot PowerPC's.

Intel machines boot just fine on USB2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
If your fiance has a PowerPC machine, external drive must be formatted with Apple Partition Map and use a firewire connection as USB, even USB2, is too slow to boot PowerPC's.

Intel machines boot just fine on USB2.

Nope all Intel machines ... it just seems really tweaky about when it wants to show up and when it doesn't.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.