AirPort Express Won't Connect to Internet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I just got a new AirPort Express to use with my new MacBook and Im having some problems. The first night I had it I got it working, but before I went to bed, I turned the power strip I had it plugged into off. The next morning I couldn't get connected to the internet and havent been able to since. I get connected to the Airport express and airtunes works fine, but no internet. I can connect to the the internet directly to my cable modem, but not wirelessly with the airport. The light on the airport is solid green as well. I changed the network connection order to place the airport first and the Ethernet second, but no help. I have tried resetting the cable modem, but I only unplugged it for a few short minutes. I will try to leave it unplugged for the evening when I go out tonight to see if that will help. Any ideas here? What should I check for or try next? Also, with airport express, does it have the capabilities to connect an external hard drive wirelessly to your mac or just a printer?

So I came back this evening, plugged my cable modem back in and let it power up and success!! Problem solved. The internet is working fine, BUT I still can't view my external hard drive. Is this feature only available with the airport extreme?

Reaction score
Airport

I had a problem setting up Airport Extreme last week & the solution was to reset your internet providers modem (reset button on the back) with the airport disconnected ,then re-plug in the airport & use the set-up assistant.

It was driving me nuts before my internet provider talked me through it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.