iTunes and multi-artist albums

Reaction score
I just got a Mac and imported my music collection into it.

Now it has split all my albums with multiple artists up by artist, and there is apparently no way to list or listen to a particular album with all its artists.

Please tell me I'm wrong. ;D

Reaction score
Just click the album button in the top of the itunes window and it will sort it by albums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
If you're viewing by artist, compilation albums will be broken up. This is inconvenient. You should be able to view your library by album though and this will group them back together.

With iTunes 8 there should be an 'Album' tab next to the 'Artist' tab if you are viewing the albums in thumbnail view.

OP
B
Reaction score
This is not what happens. Instead, in the album view, I get a bunch of icons for the same album, one for each artist, like in the attached picture.

This is also how the files are organized in the iTunes library.

Picture 1.png

OP
B
Reaction score
I figured it out. Had to mark the files in the offending album, right click and select "Get Info", and set the "Part of compilation" flag under "options".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can also use the Album Artist tag so that the odd track like Band feat. whoever all get included under the same artist

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.