Help! - Boot Camp Vista x64 suddenly won't boot

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to Mac and recently took the plunge getting a MBP 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM running OS X which I've set-up with Boot Camp and VM Ware Fusion running Vista x64

It been running great for a month now and I've booted into both OS's with no problems at all.

Suddenly this morning when I boot into Vista I get a black screen - nothing.

When I boot into OS X I can run VM Ware Fusion and the run the boot camp partition within that no problems at all. I have tried restoring Vista (which it successfully did back to midday yesterday - when it was running fine).

This is a major problem for me as I need to run Vista on boot camp urgently for work

any ideas where I can start troubleshooting this?

Thanks
Justin

OP
Reaction score
I have managed to resolve this. Having scoured many threads across several forums it seems to be a fairly common problem which many have been unable to resolve.

I read one post which suggested that letting the power drain and restart had solved it.

I just removed the battery, replaced it and Boot Camp came back allowing me to boot Vista again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.