Newbie Question Connect to Plasma ??

Reaction score
Can i connect me Imac to my TV {plasma} by cable so i can display my Computer screen on my tv?

If so what cable do i need please ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Can i connect me Imac to my TV {plasma} by cable so i can display my Computer screen on my tv? If so what cable do i need please ?

It depends on what inputs your plasma TV has. The short answer is yes if you have the correct cables. Your iMac has a mini DVI output, so at the minimum you would need a mini DVI to DVI adapter.

If your plasma has a VGA input and\or a HDMI input, you could use either one but both require an adapter. For example: If you were to use the HDMI input on the plasma - you would need the adapter I mentioned above plus a DVI to HDMI adapter. That would attach to a HDMI cable which would input to the plasma.

Additionally, you need a standard audio output cable from your iMac to the audio input on the plasma.

Regards.

OP
R
Reaction score
It depends on what inputs your plasma TV has. The short answer is yes if you have the correct cables. Your iMac has a mini DVI output, so at the minimum you would need a mini DVI to DVI adapter.

If your plasma has a VGA input and\or a HDMI input, you could use either one but both require an adapter. For example: If you were to use the HDMI input on the plasma - you would need the adapter I mentioned above plus a DVI to HDMI adapter. That would attach to a HDMI cable which would input to the plasma.

Additionally, you need a standard audio output cable from your iMac to the audio input on the plasma.

Regards.

So in saying that Apple TV is a good option if you have the $$$$$ right ??
Its just like an adaptor with memory...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.