• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Hey all, just need some help?

Reaction score
Howdy,

Well I'm currently doing my HSC in Australia and I'm conducting a survey on Mac vs Pc for an assessment task. :D. So I'm just wondering if as many of you could reply to my post and answer just a few questions.....?

1. Why Mac? (Not just because its mac lol, really why does it benefit you?)

2. When did you convert to Mac? and Why?

3. And finally how many macs have you own? and how many currently?

Any and all help is much appreciated and the more replies i get the better for me :D !!!!!!

Cheers guys and girls,
BJ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Howdy,

Well I'm currently doing my HSC in Australia and I'm conducting a survey on Mac vs Pc for an assessment task. :D. So I'm just wondering if as many of you could reply to my post and answer just a few questions.....?

Any and all help is much appreciated and the more replies i get the better for me :D !!!!!!

Cheers guys and girls,
BJ

1. Spend less time goofing around and I love the interface.
2. About a year ago (tried before that, but it never stuck). Sick of bloatware on PC's and MS in general.
3. 5 total and 3 now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini - 2.26 Ghz C2D - 2 GB RAM - 160 GB HDD
1a. Less maintenance (don't have to defrag, f-disk, virus scan, etc. or at least dont have to do some of those things as much)

1b. Love the interface as well, I just like the look of Macs so much and I value appearance quite highly (not to say there aren't beautiful PCs)

1c. I just feel more productive on my mac. On my PC I always felt busy, but on my mac I get things done so quickly I'm often just looking for something to do on it (recently though I've been making songs in Logic when I'm done with work, which leads us to #2).

2. When the first Mac Mini came out I got the PPC 1.25 Ghz with 1 GB of RAM and an 80 GB HDD, then it got stolen :( Switched mainly for Garageband at the time, learned to love all parts of it (the computer) :)

3. 3 and currently 1

NOTE: Overall there's nothing a Mac can do that a PC cannot, it's simply a matter of personal preference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Howdy,

Cheers guys and girls,
BJ

1. No big tower to sit on the floor or take up space on my desk. The design is beautiful! Easier to use than a PC and not as much worry about virus problems.

2. Converted almost 2 years ago and never regretted it once. The only complaint I might have is there aren't any Mac service centers here where I live. Also, no Mac or Mac applications classes at our local college. But that has nothing to do with my Mac, so far haven't needed any service. :)

3. I only own my one 20" iMac and it was my first. My lifestyle is such that I don't need anything else.

Good luck with your survey! :D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

I support over 1200 Windows XP/Server 2003 machines in my work. At the end of the day, I don't want to sit down in front of a crack baby Windows machine. For me, Mac OS X is a breath of fresh air. I don't particularly care for the hardware, but the OS is wonderful.

12/06. Found a really good deal on a refurbished MacBook Pro. I had been looking at Macs for some time after being tipped off by a very well respected IT manager at work.

I'm on my 2nd MacBook Pro. I have only one at this point (although I'd like to convince my wife to buy a MacBook instead of her current Windows machine).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
1, Much smoother OS with no problems with virus, spyware, malware etc. Faster software updating system and more idiot proof.

2. 1990 - a computer with a 150MB hard drive and 8MB memory - unbelievable!

3. One currently and total nine altogether and one Windows laptop currently left over from workdays having to run software designed for PC only.

Good luck with the HSC Ben from Nambucca Heads NSW 2448!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
1) Unix. I came from Linux and Unix machines and I love the fact that OSX is built from a Unix core. The GUI is great, but it is also nice to be able to open up a Terminal window and be right at home in the command line again.

2) Mid 2006. The fact that not only do I have that Unix core, but I can also run other mainstream programs without too much difficulty.

3) 2 right now, plus a ton of other Apple hardware.

OP
B
Reaction score
thanx heaps guys, and possibly girls!!! If you know others get them to read this thread and reply too! the more replies i get, the better mark i can get! thanx heaps again!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83GHz; iPhone 3G
1. Why Mac?
The reason why I bought it was because it was the only white laptop in my price range at the time. It was either a Sony VAIO or a Macbook. The Macbook was lighter and looked prettier.

February '06 is when I bought my first Mac. I still use both Mac and Windows though.

Myself, just one. Household, two.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alumibook 2.4, 4GB | 1TB Time Capsule | 30GB Video iPod
Howdy,

Cheers guys and girls,
BJ

1. It's more fun, user friendly, a ton of neat features, unix based, the build quality is outstanding.

2. It does everything that windows did wrong, yeah it's find to have your OS compatible with everything, but when it strains the ability for that OS to function and makes the file system very complex and the software overly bloated, it isn't worth the interoperability. Converted a month ago.

3. Owned 2, air and new alumibook. If they can get some mad gaming ability, even in cross boot, I will have a desktop one in a year or two.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
1. Really love the OS, and its a breeze to you. Gives me more quality time with my com rather than fiddling with antivirus software and spyware.

2. End of last year, really couldn't take my old PC anymore. Oh, the speed..

3. One, and that's what I'm using right now.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
1. Industry standard in my field of work.

2. Been using Mac Machines since I was 8, in my early 20s now.

3. I have three now, 4 in January.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.