iLife '05 bundled?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 1.2 GHz iBook 768mb
this is my first post. I've been interested in making the switch to Mac for well over a year now. I'm the kind of guy that makes sure all the ducks are in a row before forking over the dough. So reading the posts on this forum have been like crack to me! I can't get enough of the pure intelligence and wisdom the posters and moderators offer here. Thank you all so much.

Whew! So now I am ready to purchase my 12" iBook. I still have one burning question. I'm going to call Apple today and see if I can get an answer:

If I order my iBook online today, will it ship with iLife '05? Does anyone know for sure/spoken with anyone at Apple? Or do I need to wait until Jan. 22nd to even place the order?

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
I would think that you would get iLife '05. Apple's site says "Deliver by Jan 22nd
", not shipping by the 22nd.

I would do as you say "call Apple".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Im sure once ilife 05 is released and is out for a week or so, if not sooner, apple will bundle it with new macs.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 1.2 GHz iBook 768mb
Answer from Apple:

Just got off the phone with an Apple Sales Tech

It will take a couple weeks to begin bundling iLife 05 with the iBooks, but they are offering upgrade rebates( or coupons, or just specials, whatever) to send in $19.95 and have 05 shipped to you.

Another thing: they are offering a $50USD off promotion for iBooks purchased over the phone. I'm doing an Educational Discount, which turns out better because you save *additionally* on all upgrades and AppleCare.

Thanks to the replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.