mini in Brazil

Reaction score
I'm in Canada and would like to buy a mini for a friend in Brazil.

I was planning on buying an Apple keyboard and mouse.

Does anybody know how/if Brazilian Portuguese is supported on the keyboard?

Does the mini come with one standard power cord, meaning they will have to used a power adapter for their type of wall plugs?

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Apple keyboard that you purchase in Canada (or the US) can be used for the Portuguese language. The input language can be setup from system preferences, international. Language settings for Portuguese as spoken in both Brazil and Portugal are available.

As far as the input power is concerned, it depends on where he lives in Brazil. According to the info available on the web, most of Brazil use the same standard AC mains that we have in the US and Canada. But there are parts of Brazil which are different.

Regards.

OP
C
Reaction score
The Apple keyboard that you purchase in Canada (or the US) can be used for the Portuguese language. The input language can be setup from system preferences, international. Language settings for Portuguese as spoken in both Brazil and Portugal are available.

Thanks. But what about the keys on the keyboard? Portuguese has a handful of special characters like é, õ, ç. Does Apple have keyboards that include this kinds of accents?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz blackbook ,g4 cube, powerbook g4, 8gb iphone
you dont need to get an apple keyboard, you can get any other keyboard and it will work the mini....look up wireless keyboards that have the accents your looking for

Reaction score
You should get the spanish western keyboard instead of the english, that way you'll get the ñ, ç, ó, ò, and all that stuff.

I have that one and works like a charm. The only problem is tha as a designer there are many commands that dont really like the spanish array, but if youre not going to use any specific app then you are good to go.

Reaction score
I just bought a Mac keyboard for my new Mini today (in U.S.). I need the accents as well.

I also need to type in Hebrew. Do I need a special keyboard or is there a download?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.