wifi settings going awol...

pal

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently had to make some changes to my lan to accommodate a rearrangement of the room. The mac mini (OS X 10.4.11 powerpc) was previously on a wired lan, but has now been furnished with a USB wifi dongle (Billion BiPAC 3012G) to use the wlan instead.

The dongle came with mac drivers on the cd, which installed and worked just fine. The mini doesn't get regular use (is in the lounge rather than the study), and now when I go to use it, every time it has forgotten the wep keys for access to the wlan. I have to manually type them in every time. It then connects ok, and starts to work, but dies only a few minutes later... Network diagnostic says everything is ok, but the browser can't load anything, just times out even when accessing stuff on my lan.

So, 2 issues... 1) Loosing wep keys, and 2) Choking bandwidth after a few minutes connect time.

Any clues greatly appreciated...

Regards,

Pal

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.