Windows won't boot, 3 loud beeps

Reaction score
I've been using Bootcamp for Sony Vegas Video and Audio programs flawlessly since I switched to Mac about 6 months ago. Now suddenly when I go to boot to Windows, the screen goes blank upon reboot and I get repeating of 3 loud beeps. Alt/Option won't get me back to OSx so I have to turn off machine a few times to get the Mac reboot. All Windows files still appear in Finder on Mac side. What gives?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try repairing the Windows installation. Sounds like maybe the Win boot sector is either corrupt or gone. The following site has instructions on how to do a repair. Note - this is for XP only. If you're running Vista post back.

Changing a Motherboard or Moving

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
Seemed to repair

I just put in the Windows install disk and ran through bootcamp assistant and it booted back into Windows. From then on I've been able to boot back and forth again. I guess that was enough to fix the boot config. Thanks for the input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.