• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Likelihood Of A 30" iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, 4GB DDR3, 10.5.7
Do you think they'll ever put one out? Or better yet, put one out before 2010. Personally, I'd be ALL over it. Anyone else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
I don't think so, for most people the 24" is big enough. And if it isn't a Pro/mini/notebook with a display would probably be the best option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
I don't think my table would fit the 30", and I don't think I'd be able to sit far enough to view the screen fully. And its gonna be bigger than the TV in my room lol.

Reaction score
Idk.. I don't think that it would be worth thier time and money to make it. I mean have you seen the 24 in... i'm sure you have its huge and totally big enough for most people. but my friend has a huge screen for his pc.. idk how big it is exactly..but it is huge and really kinda nice to see the giant screen...its kinda like disney world... if you go there every month is not that great but once and awhile its fun awesome to be there.

OP
lemondime
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, 4GB DDR3, 10.5.7
I don't think so, for most people the 24" is big enough. And if it isn't a Pro/mini/notebook with a display would probably be the best option.

True. From a designer standpoint thought, it would be an awesome computer. I have a 24" cinema display hooked up to my MacPro (which recently blew up) and thought it would be nice to have it all consolidated into one machine. Thus, my dream for a 30" iMac :)

I don't think my table would fit the 30", and I don't think I'd be able to sit far enough to view the screen fully. And its gonna be bigger than the TV in my room lol.

LOL. Well, this way you can have a TV and computer in one ;)

Idk.. I don't think that it would be worth thier time and money to make it. I mean have you seen the 24 in... i'm sure you have its huge and totally big enough for most people. but my friend has a huge screen for his pc.. idk how big it is exactly..but it is huge and really kinda nice to see the giant screen...its kinda like disney world... if you go there every month is not that great but once and awhile its fun awesome to be there.

Yeah, it is pretty big. My 24" still can't get most of my layouts full screen though and it would be nice to be able to do that. I've used the 30" and it'll display them at 100%, but I don't want to up my 24" just yet. I have a feeling that they might revamp the 30" just as they did the 24".

I agree with the statement that it isn't for everyone. It would be nice though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I think so and by the end of 2010.. why not? :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.