Trying to use bootcamp to get windows working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GM ram, 128mb vram, Macbook, iPhone 3G 8g
Okay, so I am trying to get windows to work on my mac via bootcamp, on the apple website it says I need a leopard disk.

First question: Do I actually need a leopard disk?

If no, then good, but if I do...

I lost my leopard disk, my mac came preloaded with leopard, can I talk to apple and say that my disk drive messed it up and get a replacement?
If not, if I use a friends leopard disk will that be fine? (forgetting legal issues, this is all theoretical)

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
You'll need the Leopard disk for the drivers. You can contact Apple for a replacement. (for a fee)
From Apple;
"When you install Windows using Boot Camp, you won’t need to search the Internet for drivers or burn a disc. After you run Boot Camp, simply insert the Leopard DVD to install the necessary drivers."

Possible soulution though...
Control-click on the Boot Camp Assistant program, choose Show Package Contents, and then navigate into Contents » Resources. Inside there you'll find DiskImage.dmg. Just burn that disk image, and you'll have your Windows drivers CD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.