Minor Question About Macbook Cord

Reaction score
My question is probably going to be the simplest and easiest question to answer, but I always would like to make sure so then I don't have to worry. Anyway, I was recently on my Macbook at my desk chatting with my friends online.

I decided to sit on my bed and put my Macbook on my lap and chat with my friends. However, without thinking, I moved towards my bed and forgot that my cord was still connected because I was charging my Macbook.

I'm not exactly sure if the magnetic part disconnected first or if the plug-in disconnected out of the wall plug-in first.

I was wondering if it will cause any damage to my Macbook? Also, does it really matter if either side got disconnected because online it says that it won't damage the Macbook if I were to trip over the cord.

Thanks!!!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
the magnetic connector is designed to pull away easy so you have less chance of damaging the macbook when tripping over the cord or in similar situations.

make sure to check the connector for debris before reconnecting - i think this is what causes the occasional connector issue (overheating/melting/etc).

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
nope. just keep the battery in.
wouldn't want any sudden loss of power... ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.