Finally did it - new iBook owner!

J

Jordan

Just wanted to thank everyone for their great pre-purchase advice. I have decided to give Apple a try and just yesterday put my order in for a 12 inch iBook with 60 gig HD, 768 RAM, and AppleCare.

Just after I read a rumour about an iBook G5 coming out this year. I hope this is B.S. as I will be one grumpy Canadian if it turns out to be true!

Also, since I don't know squat about OS X can anyone suggest a good book to purchase that will walk me through the iBook and the OS?

Thanks again,

Jordan

OP
D

Danster

Congrats on you new Mac i hope to be getting one later this year :cool:

I don't think they will introduce the G5 powerbook for some time nevermind iBook.

Also i have the missing Manual by O' reilly and is well a manual for OSX
that tells you everything you need to know about OSX
:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Congrats, the g5's rumors, are just that, rumors. Some say apple is having a tough time getting a g5 into a notebook, but noone knows for sure. As far as books, I got myself a copy of "mac OSX for dummies" Its a pretty good book and for those of us with very little knowledge of technical jargoon its nice because it speaks in plain english.

OP
I

iDVFH.

NEW iBOOK OWNER MYSELF

I purchased practically the same iBook as you. People always think the 12' iBook is too small, to me it's a space saver and in my opoinioin the screen is pretty big. The only instructions I needed for the whgole laptop wee about the controls. The programs gave me instruction by themselves. Welcome to the small, but POWERFUL Mac family! :cool:

OP
C

code777

yeah, when i show my 12 iBook to people they always say its too small but "cool" so whatever. I take it 15" is the norm for PC Laptops but to me that can be too big for a laptop but then again nice.

OP
O

ollywompus

jaster said:
Congrats, the g5's rumors, are just that, rumors. Some say apple is having a tough time getting a g5 into a notebook, but noone knows for sure. As far as books, I got myself a copy of "mac OSX for dummies" Its a pretty good book and for those of us with very little knowledge of technical jargoon its nice because it speaks in plain english.

I work for Zones Inc. (mac users probably know us as MacZone since we've been around since '86 and started as a Mac only business). Our Apple rep was told by Apple that they are having cooling problems with getting a G5 into a laptop... which makes sense since the PowerMac had to be specially designed specifically for cooling....

anyway, i'm getting my first mac ever, an ibook, hopefully tonight, assuming my tax return is what i think it is... i'm going for the 12" with 256mb ram and 30gb (because i can get ram so cheap through work, i'm going to go for some Kingston ram aftermarket for it, good brand).

great forum by the way!

-matt

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.