Purchasing new MacBook MB466X: 2Gb or 4Gb ???

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I’m looking to buy a MacBook (MB466X) after being a PC users for many years but not too sure what to do with regards to memory. The unit I’m looking at comes standard with 2Gb memory but not sure if I shouldn’t do the 4Gb upgrade at purchase? I’ll still have the Hp from work so this will be personal play and expected to only be loading Office 2008 and Photoshop SC3 plus doing the usual web browsing, chat, email, etc.

What do people think, 2Gb or 4Gb?

Cheers, Chris.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook Aluminum/ 16GB IPod Touch :D
I think you should start with 2gb and try it out. And then if you really need more you can upgrade you memory up to 4gb's at crucial.com or some other places for about 60-80 dollars. Maybe Cheaper. :p

OP
K
Reaction score
Thought about going down that path however they're shipped with 2x1Gb and only have two slots, if I do the upgrade at purchase they'll ship it with 2x2Gb's.

Thinking 4Gb and be done with it.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Umm I would go with the 4GB upgrade. DDR3 RAM is still expensive and it's pretty much the same price all around. Even if you did buy 4GB it would come out to almost the same price as getting it from apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM
4gb

4GB and be done with it just like you said. I got 4gb upgrade and I'm very happy I didn't get the 2GB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
The 2G is fine never use more the 1G for daily stuff...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, 4GB DDR3, 10.5.7
I just picked up a new macbook with 4GB of RAM and love it. I had to replace my G5 PPC that blew up a couple of days prior.

Do you do a lot of gaming or graphics intensive work? Either way, you can never have enough speed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.