upgrading 17" intel core duo imac

Reaction score
right, well ive had my imac for almost 2 years now, and the 512mb ram is not enough for many programs i need to be able to run for collage, not only this but my hdd space is running out with only 20gb to spare, my questions are how can i install RAM and hdd myself, is there a guide anywhere or will it have to be taken to a shop. also which RAM and hdd do i need (get) links would be nice guys, and im from the uk so uk sites would be better. thanks

iMac (Late 2006) - Technical Specifications also the one on the far left with 1.83 processor is my model any queries on which model i have

Amazon.co.uk: Kingston Technology 1GB 667MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 SODIMM: Kingston: Electronics & Photo would this work if i bought 2 for max 2gb RAM
Amazon.co.uk: OEM - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB (7200rpm) 8MB Serial ATA Hard Disk Drive: Electronics & Photo and would this work for hdd maxed out?

thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.