I smell some fresh new powerbook!

Reaction score
I had to do this! i cant stop researching new things about the powerbooks. r-man ur goign to kill me by doing the another powerbook g5 thread. Sry I just had to do it. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/01/22/ibm_claims_massive_power_cut/ that article states tha a g5 at Ibm documentation claims the 90nm 970 eats 24.5W at 2GHz. THATS NOTHING! I mean they could make the 12inch so 1.8ghz and 15icnh 2+ghz and 17icnh 2.3 or 2.5. I knew that article was right the powerbook g5's are coming and everyone get ready cause there almost here! I fell like a little kid having his first b-day!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
thats good for a 90nm chip!!

dont hold your breath for too long though, it always takes a while for rollout to the customer, plus there is testing and all of the other stuff thats before hand.

Slow down its gonna be a while yet

OP
S
Reaction score
inflexion said:
thats good for a 90nm chip!!

dont hold your breath for too long though, it always takes a while for rollout to the customer, plus there is testing and all of the other stuff thats before hand.

Slow down its gonna be a while yet
Thats what I thought....You never know... :p

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Here is what I find very interesting
theregister said:
IBM claims massive power cut for 90nm G5
By Tony Smith
Published Thursday 22nd January 2004 15:19 GMT

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.