Garage Band Question

Reaction score
I'm trying to access the different jingles that are available in Garage Band yet every one I try to use says I can't use it until I update it. I've done this twice and still am unable to use any of them.

It gives me three options. 1) Update from internet, 2) Update later and 3) Install from DVD. As far as I know I have no DVD.

Any help would make me grateful!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Sounds like the AppleLoops library didn't get installed with GarageBand.. Do you have an iLife DVD?

OP
M
Reaction score
I don't think so, but I believe AppleLoops was on the update list. I updated everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
What I was going to mention was just reinstall GarageBand, but only check-off the loops during the installation, however, not having a disk can make that difficult.

Do you have any cd's/dvd's that came with the computer? You can check on those if you have any to try and reinstall GarageBand..

Other than that, try and contact Apple and see if they can assist you further.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Oh yes, I had this same problem at first. I'm not completely sure if you've done this yet, but I went to Apple > Software Update and my problems were solved.

OP
M
Reaction score
What I was going to mention was just reinstall GarageBand, but only check-off the loops during the installation, however, not having a disk can make that difficult.

Do you have any cd's/dvd's that came with the computer? You can check on those if you have any to try and reinstall GarageBand..

Other than that, try and contact Apple and see if they can assist you further.

All I have is the Mac OS X Leopard Disc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
You should have been able to use all the included loops on GB right after you updated it. That's how it worked for me.

Contacting Apple may help as DarkArt stated.

OP
M
Reaction score
I found the apple loops in my computer, but they are still not available in GarageBand, however I can import them one by one

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.