Keeps timing out!

Reaction score
I have the Powerbook G4 Titanium series with MAC OS X Tiger (v10.3.9). Recently I noticed that when I would try and access my hard drive the computer would just time out or hang up. And I would have force quit. Yet I could still access my applications, network drives, internet and items on my desktop. However, the online software updater always timed out as well. I tried to run Disk Utility and it would time out. So yesterday I tried starting the computer with the OS X disc in it hoping to run the disk utility off of the DVD. It started off running correctly, then about half way through I got this error, "Disk Utility lost its connection with the disk managment tool and cannot continue. Please quit and relaunch." Well I did and got the same issue over and over again. Is my hard drive failing? What do I do? Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Sounds like your hard drive has seen better days, Sir. I would suggest replacing it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.