getting from Tiger 10.4 to Tiger 10.4.9

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love
I was having computer issues and eventually had to wipe my hardware clean. I put in my original 10.4 disk and that is the version that is currently on the computer, but when I tried to install the new itunes it said I had to have 10.4.9, how do I get to that point. Do I need all the recent updates and how do I get those?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I suppose actually running Software Update and seeing what it comes up with would be too much work for you? ;)

Well, wouldn't want you to go to any trouble. To answer your question, there's a single updater that will take you to 10.4.11, which you can get either through Software Update, or from Apple's Support Downloads page.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love
I tried the 10.4.11 combo update from the site and got a codec overrun error?! What does that mean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
TRy booting in safe mode (press and hold the Shift key on start-up), then try mounting the combo update again in that mode

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.