• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Wow, just wow... Post Your Election Day Experience, Nov. 4th 2008

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20" 1.9ghz PPC 2gb Ram,250gb HD
Obama,obama,obama

We Got This In The Bag Baby!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
^^ That we do!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Congrats. It's all cyclical apparently... 4 years Repub, 8 years Dem, 8 years Repub, 4 years Dem? Repeat until we finally learn better. LOL

OP
Dysfunction
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Congrats. It's all cyclical apparently... 4 years Repub, 8 years Dem, 8 years Repub, 4 years Dem? Repeat until we finally learn better. LOL
actually, it enforces balance. Which, is really a good thing and a stabilizing influence on the country.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
the only person in front of me today when I was voting was my dad, the place was empty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
I guess that's how it is so quiet here today, but good to see everybody voting.

I just don't get how you all have to que for so long, over hear voting is usually held at a local school, and I have never had to que to vote, and the polling station is only 5-8 minutes walk away, so I know I can just wonder out after work, cast my vote and be home in 20 minutes

Well I live in the state of Mississippi, and it is roughly 125,443 km² (48,434 sq mi) about half the size of the entire UK. Here it is very difficult to walk anywhere. Not only are there very few side walks but the distances between any 2 locations are pretty large. Now my city did a pretty good job of distributing polling locations but others did not. It took me about an hour and a half to drive to my polling location (about 13 miles away) because traffic was in gridlock. Now once I got in it only took about 3 minutes to vote because there was almost no line inside.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Fox News is projecting that Obama has won with 297 electoral votes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
actually, it enforces balance. Which, is really a good thing and a stabilizing influence on the country.

"I know your works. You are neither cold nor hot. So because you are lukewarm, I will spew you out of my mouth. You can build your filthy world without me." -Bill "The Butcher" Cutting Gangs of New York

Fictional, but well said.
;D

OP
Dysfunction
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
"I know your works. You are neither cold nor hot. So because you are lukewarm, I will spew you out of my mouth. You can build your filthy world without me." -Bill "The Butcher" Cutting Gangs of New York

Fictional, but well said.
;D
this country goes to heck when there's too much of either party in charge. always has. it's really one of the reasons checks and balances are built into the system.. after all our founding fathers rejected the parliamentary system

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
I feel like I'm watching a football game... ;)
Go Obama!! :D

Yea I know!!!

Alright!! Obama officially President-elect!! We won!

As of right now - 306 : 145 Obama.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would agree, time for a 3rd to make things interesting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I love the electoral college split. Obama really stuck it to McCain :D

Reaction score
this country goes to **** when there's too much of either party in charge. always has. it's really one of the reasons checks and balances are built into the system.. after all our founding fathers rejected the parliamentary system

Remember how excited the Dems were in '92 with a Democratic president and control of both houses? Then look at what happened in '94.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Finally we can do away with affirmative action like Nebraska just did! The Democrats control, everything now; there is no checks or balances on the federal level, lovely... Stay tuned for HR1022 - California gun laws at the Federal level.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Stay tuned for HR1022 - California gun laws at the Federal level.

An assault weapons ban has you THIS upset?

Come on, what logical reason could you possibly have for owning an assault rifle outside of collecting them?

Not to mention, Obama has said numerous times that he plans on leaving gun control to the states. He doesn't view it as a federal issue, and it's probably better off that way.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1022&tab=summary said:
2/13/2007--Introduced.
Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007 - Reinstates for ten years repealed criminal provisions regarding assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices (the assault weapons ban).

Revises the definition of "semiautomatic assault weapon" to include conversion kits (for converting a firearm to such a weapon) and any semiautomatic rifle or pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and that has specified characteristics, including a telescoping stock.

Prohibits the transfer of such a weapon except through a licensed dealer or a state or local law enforcement agency, subject to specified requirements. Directs the Attorney General to: (1) establish and maintain a record of the make, model, and date of manufacture of any such weapon which the Attorney General is made aware has been used in relation to a crime, and of the nature and circumstances of the crime involved; and (2) annually submit the record to Congress and make it available to the public.

Prohibits: (1) the transfer of any assault weapon with a large capacity ammunition feeding device; and (2) a licensed manufacturer, importer, or dealer who transfers such a device that was manufactured on or before this Act's enactment from failing to certify to the Attorney General, within 60 days of the transfer date, that the device was manufactured on or before that date. Sets forth penalties for violations.

Prohibits: (1) the transfer of such a weapon or device to a juvenile; and (2) the importation of such a device.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
well i live in the UK and stayed up all night to watch it, was the first time i have ever done that even for British politics really found it really captivating though as American politics really shapes the world. I also found it quite cool that it was the night of my birthday and none other than my 16th i actually kind of forgot about it as a result.

Thank you to all the American citizens who voted Obama you have changed the lives of many as a result of your actions. :)

I think the American people get a bit of a hard time around the world for stereotypes you all did the world and your yourselves proud last night.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not to mention, Obama has said numerous times that he plans on leaving gun control to the states. He doesn't view it as a federal issue, and it's probably better off that way.

Actually, HR1022 is a House Resolution, not a Presidential action. More folks than the President were elected yesterday. I could care less what any President thinks about guns since it's not his or her call.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Yea I know!!!

Alright!! Obama officially President-elect!! We won!

As of right now - 306 : 145 Obama.

Now all he (and many of you here) has to do is realize the election is over and it is actually time to govern. The easy part is over, the hard has only just begun. He now has 24 months to show he can make a difference before we look at the balance of power again. Watch the congressional approval rating. If they don't improve, there will be another shake up. I wish him luck, he's going to need it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.